Friday 28 October 2011

George and Albert

Tonight I'm going to see George Michael in the Royal Albert Hall, and felt it fitting that he be the subject of my first posting as shamefully Make It Big by Wham! was the first album I owned. I have mixed feelings about the gig after seeing some setlists from recent Euro dates - it's a little light on hits and heavy on obscure Elton and Billie orchestral arrangements.

I recently took the George Michael Walk of Shame Tour (#GMWOS) through Highgate and Hampstead which takes in some of the sites he was disgraced at including the Snappy Snaps on Finchley Road which he crashed into at 3am Al Caponed on mary jane, and the (other type of) bush where the NOTW papped him flashing. It's a fun excuse to see some of the poshest real estate in London.

I also find it slightly cool that he had number one hits with two different songs with the same title.
Father Figure

2 comments:

  1. His cover of True Faith is last years' most bizarre musical joke (I can do nothing but love it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how was the concert?
    Was it very Gaylord Michael?

    ReplyDelete